February 16, 2015 —
The NHS Summary Care Record has reached the 50 million patient mark, with more than 30,000 record views now occurring each week.
The milestone is the latest demonstration of the SCR’s growing use, after it was initially bedevilled with criticisms about confidentiality and low viewing levels.
The Health and Social Care Information Centre announced last week that there are now 50 million people with an SCR created from their GP records, meaning that 90% of the population is now covered.
November 14, 2014 —
When booking a home visit for a patient, you can select to recur the visit at certain intervals. In the example below, we will book a home visit for a patient, then set it to recur twice a week (on Wednesday and Friday) for the next 6 weeks.
1. Open the Home Visits screen by clicking Appointments > Visits or press CTRL + H on the keyboard.
2. Click the New Visit button in the top-left of the screen.
November 5, 2014 —
At times it may be necessary to move patients in your unit from one caseload to another. There are a couple of ways to do this and preference will depend on your method of working.
From the Caseloads screen
1. Access the Caseloads screen by clicking the Workflow menu > Caseloads.
2. Access the patient list by clicking on the required caseload on the left hand side of your screen.
3. Highlight the patient on the list and either right-click > reassign caseload, or single click to highlight then click the Reassign Caseload Holder button on the toolbar.
October 29, 2014 —
You may have noticed that as you use SystmOne more in your role, you have configured and added options to your clinical tree to make your work simpler and quicker. This can lead to a cluttered work environment and extra time scanning your patient tree to find the nodes, or screens that you use most often.
TPP have come up with a clever way to overcome this by allowing you to add colours to the nodes of your tree, making them stand out more and quicker to select.
1. Open a patient record.
2. Right-click on any option on the clinical tree and select Tree Configuration.
October 4, 2014 —
The address book in TPP SystmOne can save time and make your experience more productive if set up and configured correctly. Addresses for Choose and Book referrals, scanning and letters can all be pulled quickly out of a detailed address book, saving the need to search for a building or place every time you record a source. Follow this guide to set up your address book and make your SystmOne admin time more fruitful.
1. Click the Setup drop down menu > Referrals and Letters > Address Book.
2. The address book has three tabs. The Search tab is useful to find other organisations who use SystmOne. You can find and add favourites from here. However, to store your own organisations, trusts, hospitals and other contacts, you would use the Organisation Contacts tab.
June 6, 2014 —
Clinical Templates are a key part of any clinical system, and TPPm have now included a reminder to complete a suspended template.
In the example below, our clinician is completing the Asthma template and needs to pause entry to look in the patient's notes for the date of his last Asthma review. You do this by clicking the Suspend button at the bottom of the window.
June 6, 2014 —
It is now possible to link questionnaires to steps of your care plans. You have been able to link to templates for a good while now, but it's good to see TPP constantly listening to customers and making changes where deemed appropriate.
When creating or amending an existing care plan, click New Instruction or Amend Instruction to display the following dialog box:-
June 3, 2014 —
Here's a handy PDF guide for you to download and print off to keep near your SystmOne computers.
This list is by no means exhaustive, but contains the shortcuts we find most useful in day-to-day work
Find full help on shortcuts by logging in to SystmOne and access the help menu.